Cottonwood College Prep Academy is a free public charter school offering a Montessori-inspired program for 9th-12th grade students. We serve El Dorado, Amador, Alpine, Placer, and Sacramento counties.
*Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year is closed. This page will be updated when we start accepting applications for the 2024-25 school year.
Academy High School Concentrations
Students who attend Cottonwood College Prep Academy will choose a concentration they want to study: “Design Thinking Concentration” or “Public Policy & Leadership Concentration.” The Academy incorporates in-person instruction within the chosen concentration and online courses. Our Academy’s graduation requirements align with the California State University (CSU) A-G expectations, ensuring that students are college and career ready by graduation. In-person instruction is 8:30am to 1pm Monday thru Thursday in El Dorado Hills. Our High School Learning Center (HSLC) is open from 1:15pm – 2:45pm Monday thru Thursday, providing students a place and time to practice, enrich, reteach, and enhance their learning with the support of the site-based staff.
Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year is closed.
Academy Admissions Process At A Glance
Step 1: Apply
– Open Enrollment goes from March 1 – 22.
– After submitting the enrollment form, will receive an automated confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This email does not guarantee admission.
– If you have questions or need support, you can reach out to our Enrollment Team at (530) 285-2003 Option 2.
Step 2: Enrollment Offer (Spot Confirmation)
– If the number of applications received during the Open Enrollment period exceeds the number of spaces available, we will hold a lottery. Attendance is not required to participate in the lottery.
– If/when space is available, the Enrollment Department will email you an offer of enrollment.
– Families have three days to accept or decline the enrollment offer. Families who do not respond will be placed on the waiting list.
Step 3: Registration
– The Enrollment Department will email you a link to Reg-Online to upload the required documents and digitally sign the required forms.
– Families will have a seven-day window to complete registration. Incomplete applications will be added to the waitlist for consideration at a later date.
– Please see required documents listed below.
Step 4: Intake Interview
– After you complete the registration forms, the Cottonwood College Prep Academy will reach out to schedule an intake interview. Registration is not guaranteed until the intake interview is complete.
If your child receives a spot for the school year, you will be asked to provide a full copy of the following documentation:
A full application will be sent to you with the offer letter.
Proof of Age
Birth certificate, passport, etc.
Proof of Residency in Our Service Area
- Utility bill
- Property tax receipt
- Current mortgage/rental agreement w/signature page
- Current home or rental insurance agreement. Contracts must have the signature page. Contracts older than 90 days, must be accompanied by documentation from the landlord stating the agreement is still in effect.
- Correspondence from a government agency such as CalWORKS, Social Security, Medi-Cal
Copy of 504 and/or IEP
Don’t Have All The Documents?
**If you are unable to provide these documents due to your living situation, you may still be eligible under federal and state law to enroll your child in school. Please see the following flyers for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know my enrollment form was successfully submitted?
You will receive an automatic confirmation email with a copy of your enrollment form answers. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.
What counties do you serve?
Our school serves transitional kindergarten through 12th grade students in El Dorado, Amador, Alpine, Placer, and Sacramento counties.
How do I learn more about the programs offered?
We would love to have you become part of Cottonwood College Prep Academy family!